Thursday, August 20, 2009

Leadership Class: 2nd Team Meeting


Leadership Class: Second Team Meeting

You have always heard of those people who work together, but actually never meet. That is what I am doing right now in my masters class called Teacher Librarian as a Leader. I am working with 3 other students. One in Malaysia and two in Australia. After our 2nd meeting, I still know nothing about them but their names. It has been fun getting on a skype conference call with them and working out the logistic of this project. Right now it looks like we are meeting 2x a week, but I am sure that will change as we get closer to the due date. Our task: Imagine you are on a writing team to write for a professional journal. Our task is to promote your proposed article to a publishing team to obtain research and publishing funding. The presentation will take the form of an annotated PowerPoint presentation slide set with a maximum of 20 slides or a Blog. During our last meeting, I was pushing the idea of Professional Learning Communities and the role of the Teacher Librarian and feeling worried about being to controlling. But on reflection, I think the group was happy to move forward with the ideas I presented. It will be new learning for some and it will be great for me. All is well in Skypeville and collaboration...so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment