Sunday, September 13, 2009

Assignment 1a Done and Gone: Where is the Champagne?


The BIG day has come...our collaborative Assignment 1a has been sent and is done. I sadly said a good bye to Helen, Melanie and Rachel today. Skype will be a great tool when we can actually share a glass on champagne on line! I know we won't be talking as much as we have over the last month but I hope to be able to mine their skills during my work at CSU. I have gained deep respect for them all and know that they can help me as a learner.
It was a journey that ended in what I felt was an excellent product. Our power point is clear, creative and the best part is that I learned a great deal. I know that the final power point was nothing in comparison to the process. Our collaborative skills grew as we moved from a congenial group 23 to a collaborative team 23. Our team was able to trust each other, manage cognitive conflict, and hold one another accountability. We were all able to set aside our individual needs and focus on what was best for the team.
I felt that I had a large impact on the team. I was able to move us out of our chaos state and refocus our direction and energy. This was definitely a creative process that evolved from my reading. Once the idea was there, I had this incredible fear that one of the team members would not agree to move in this direction. I was relieved the next day when I got the go ahead for moving forward. I can imagine that this could be a real conflict when one member has a creative revelation and someone in the group disagrees. I guess that is where compromise come in to play.
This project was a simulation of authentic learning. I hope that I can create similar types of learning opportunities for my students to be able to move through a process and learn as much as I have. Thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment